Top Ten Questions to Ask Your Ottawa Injury Lawyer
If you are considering seeking compensation as a result of being injured or considering commencing a legal proceeding (a lawsuit) as a result of an accident, you need to select a lawyer and law firm that is competent to effectively handle your case. A Law firm that focuses on injury law.
When speaking to a lawyer that you are considering hiring you may want to ask the following questions:
- Will you provide me with a comprehensive written agreement outlining all of the charges that I will have to pay in this case?
- Is the initial consultation completely free no matter what I decide to do?
- When do I have to pay the lawyer and can I pay all fees and charges out of the final award or settlement?
- What experience and knowledge do you have handling accident injury cases?
- Does your law firm have the financial and other resources to properly fund the litigation and go to trial if necessary?
- Do you focus your law practice on personal injury cases (some lawyers practice in a general practice where they handle all types of cases – you need a personal injury lawyer, not a generalist)?
- Please explain the legal tests involved in my case and what the strategy or steps would be in my injury case?
- Is your law firm well known by the insurance companies and their lawyers?
- Are there particular challenges and problems in my case and if so, how can we overcome them?
- Do you have a web site where I can obtain information about you and your law firm?