No. You can retain a personal injury lawyer from anywhere as long as he has the authority to practice law in Ontario.

Often, it is preferable to hire someone in the City where the accident happened since most of the evidence will be in that City.

Usually, if litigation is needed, it should be commenced in the jurisdiction where the accident happened.