In any personal injury or accident cases, there are different types of damages which may be recoverable from the person who caused the injury, the at-fault party. They include special damages such as lost wages or lost income, out of pocket expenses and medical costs. There is also a type of damage called “pain and suffering damages” which is also sometimes referred to as non-pecuniary or general damages. This is a sum of money that a court can order the at-fault party to pay or which is more often agreed to as part of a personal injury settlement. It is meant to compensate the injured person for the pain and suffering they endured and may continue to endure as a result of an injury or injuries sustained in an accident. These damages are all sought from the at-fault party and in most cases, the at-fault party has insurance to cover the damages.

Calculating the amount of damages for the loss of enjoyment of life, however, is not an easy task and your lawyer uses his or her legal skills to make an assessment in this regard. Your personal injury lawyer will use medical and other evidence, research case law and discuss with you the various ways the injury or injuries has affected your life and those of your family to arrive at an amount that would fairly compensate you for this head – type of monetary damages.

Therefore, you need experienced personal injury lawyers who focus their law practice on injury law.

Ottawa serious injury and accident lawyers – Quinn Thiele Mineault Grodzki LLP – We have a special interest in personal injury, accident and disability cases. There is no fee unless we recover money for our clients. Our consultation is free and confidential.