What should I do after a fall accident?
- It is important that you gather evidence right away. However, you should first seek immediate medical attention.
- Provided you are medically able toy, re-attend (or cause somene to attend for you) at the scene of the fall, preferably with a friend or family member and take pictures of the location where you fell and take pictures of what caused you to fall (ice, snow, pot hole, uneven sidewalk etc…).
- Take as many photographs as needed to easily identity the location of the fall and what caused the fall.
- Obtain, if possible, the names, addresses and telephone numbers of any witnesses.
- Review your documents and speak to your employer to see if you have any private insurance that may cover short term disability claim or medical expenses such as physiotherapy or rehabilitation.
- Record all trips to health care providers.
- Keep all receipts for any expenses you incur as a result of the accident.
- Contact PQTLaw as soon as possible. Depending on where you fell and who owns and occupies that property, you may have as little as 7 to 10 days from the time you fell to give formal notice to the owner of the fall. Failing to give notice can adversely impact your claim. We can prepare and deliver the formal notice on your behalf.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!